My résumé is given below for quick browsing. If you would like more information on any aspect, please do contact me. You can also download:
8365 Hyack Drive
Vancouver BC V5S 4H4
- Enthusiastic and results oriented IT professional with a proven track record of delivering successful projects on time and on budget.
- An entrepreneurial leader with proven strategic, team-building, project management, and operational skill sets.
- Recognized as an industry leader in the application of Information Technology; experienced in designing, building, and implementing ERP systems for world class organizations. Solid technology expertise spanning mainframes, desktops, servers, telecommunications, and Internet based technologies.
- Proven track record with SDLC, Cloud Computing, and Agile based Software Development.
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Systems Design & Analysis
- Strategic Planning Budgeting & Financial Analysis
- Project Risk Assessment
- Systems Audit and Compliance
- Software Design & Development
- RFP, RFQ, and Vendor Analysis
Awards & Associations
- Member Toronto Scottish Regimental Association;
- Past member executive advisory boards for Legent, Answer Plus Communications, Xerox, COMPAQ, Microsoft, IBM, SUN Microsystems, and GE Capital;
- Past member board of directors for Aetna Benefits Management, Equinox Financial Group, and Worldwide Data Inc.; and
- Recipient of President’s Special Achievement Award from IBM Canada.
HUNTINGDON YORK CONSULTANTS INC. – Richmond, BC, current
Huntingdon York is an owner operated management consulting company, providing Information Technology and Management Consulting services, since 1992, to a wide range of clients including IBM World Trade, Xerox, Government of Ontario, Sun Microsystems, Inter City Gas, Electrohome, The Queen’s Printer, Arrow Transportation, and AABEX.
ERP Project Manager – Arrow Transportation, 2/2007 to 7/2011
Managed a major business transition as ERP Project Manager for Arrow Transportation Systems Inc. The major challenge was to move Arrow from existing customized systems to industry standard systems developed, and maintained, by major software suppliers. The ERP Project at Arrow included new systems for Payroll, Human Resources, Recruiting, Electronic Document Management, Project Cost Accounting, Vehicle Maintenance, as well as traditional ERP functions such as AR, AP, Inventory, Asset Management, and GL. Delivery of services included business process mapping and restructuring, system analysis and design, systems integration, data structure reconciliation, conversion, testing, training, and implementation.
Arrow’s business units included operations in transportation, logistics, marine services, software development, and web design.
- Developed a strategy and a business plan to migrate Arrow’s business processes from a manual operation to a fully integrated automated operation.
- Re-engineered business processes in AR, AP, GL, invoicing, payroll and human resources to eliminate significant re-keying of data [up to six times] and provide a “one and done” environment where information was only entered once, and then made available to all the business processes and systems requiring the data.
- Consolidated and converted three sets of GL structures into one common structure shared across all systems.
- Consolidated and converted four unique sets of AP vendor codes and AR customer codes into a single structure shared by all systems and departments.
- Developed policies and procedures for a wide variety of business areas including operations and finance.
- Developed training strategies and programs to allow the seamless transition from the manual environment to the new automated environment.
- Fully integrated twelve existing and four new systems to share data and provide a “one and done” operating environment.
- Reverse engineered a wide variety of undocumented operational data bases [MS SQL, Informix, Paradox, MS access, DB2/400, dbase, btrieve, PostgreSQL].
- Designed and developed a central data repository [Central Resource Manager] using MS SQL, to provide a single source for critical company data [customers, vendors, organization, employees, trucks, lease operators].
- Successfully implemented a complex and integrated set of systems and designed and developed the re-engineered business processes and procedures to ensure ERP Project success.
ZORRO SYSTEMS – Toronto, Ontario
Zorro Systems was an Internet startup software developer providing leading edge search solutions for the e-commerce market.
President, 4/2000 to 6/2001
Launched a new Internet technology startup on schedule and within budget.
- Provided the vision, leadership, and drive to successfully develop and launch a leading edge Internet based search engine meeting all design criteria, schedule and budget requirements.
- Designed new graphical data capture facility which was patented in Canada and the U.S. which permitted an automated scan of web sites and creation of the SQL code needed to access the sites intelligently and avoided a situation that placed this high volume business at risk of failure.
WORLDWIDE ONLINE CORPORATION – Toronto, Ontario
Worldwide Online was an Internet Service Provider for both residential and commercial clients based in Toronto, Ontario.
VP Marketing, CEO, 5/1995 to 6/1998
Marketing head for pre-launch activities and as CEO for operating cycle.
- Provided the vision and leadership to successfully launch a new Internet Service Provider (ISP) at a time when the Internet was a new frontier.
- Generated gross revenues of $2 million within 18 months and reached positive cash flow, a unique achievement for an ISP in North America at the time.
AETNA INSURANCE – Toronto, Ontario
Aetna is the second largest insurer in North America providing services and products for Property and Casualty, Life, Medical and Dental, and Pension arenas.
CIO, Senior VP, 10/1990 to 4/1995
Responsible for all technology and systems at Aetna.
- Reduced IT costs from $21 million to $12 million annually over 36 months.
- Improved on time and on budget project delivery from 50% to over 95%.
- Significantly upgraded infrastructure to modern hardware, software, application development, and telecommunications technologies without any additional funding.
COBOL, PL1, HTML, BASIC, FORTRAN, ALGOL, RPG, APL, C++, ASSEMBLER, CUSTOM, XML, SDLC and AGILE based development
MS SQL, MYSQL, ORACLE, DB2, ISAM, BTRIEVE, DBASE, MS ACCESS, SYBASE, INFORMIX, DATAFLEX
MS WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, POWERPOINT, MS PROJECT, OPEN OFFICE, FRONT PAGE, VISIO, COREL DRAW, TASKMAP, PHOTOSHOP, CRYSTAL REPORTS, ORACLE, MS SHAREPOINT
MICROSOFT, UNIX, LINUX, SUN, IBM, HP, NCR, RCA, XEROX
As well as Internet, WEB Development, and Telecommunications
EPICOR, AVANTI, ORACLE, ACCPAC, SOLOMON, STAR, QUICKBOOKS, CRYSTAL REPORTS and many versions of AP, AR, GL, CRM, Order Entry, Billing, Distribution, Inventory, Payroll, HR, Budgeting, Strategic Planning, Sales, and Marketing
UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN ONTARIO – London, Ontario
Bachelor of Arts
Major: Computer Science l Minor: English l Graduated with high honors
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – Pasadena, California
Certificate: Client/Server Computing
IBM – Canada, U.S.
• Programming, systems development, and project management courses.
XEROX – Canada, U.S.
• Leadership, management, systems development, business process re-engineering technology, and telecommunications courses